Maghenta is an international organisation for artists, art practitioners, programmers, scholars and art lovers with affinity for Indian arts and with the interest for innovation. We strongly believe in the power of art as a remedy, with the ability to positively arouse curiosity towards another culture and stimulate collaboration, free of prejudice.
Maghenta counteracts to the lack of visibility of
- Indian-inspired performances within the cultural and artistic scene in Belgium in particular, but also on an international level.
- contemporary artistic work in India.
Maghenta builds an unique 'bridge of exchange' between
- contemporary and traditional arts
- art, academics and the corporate world
- multiple artists from mainly Belgium and India
Dr. Ayla Joncheere
Open Ensemble & other staff members
Maghenta strengthens her team with a versatile group of associated artists, Our in-house team provides expertise in Indian traditional dance forms, contemporary dance and dance education.
Board: Margot Neyskens (chair), Alain Platel, Chokri Ben Chikha, Paolo Favero, Irina Majumdar
General Assembly: Iris Raspoet, Lisbeth Maes
Meet our partners
Maghenta appreciates the continuous support of its partners, with whom we frequently collaborate.
Maghenta believes in compatibility, the process of sharing and inspiring one another. This mindset leads to many friendships and collaborations, which we continiously like to expand, increase and enhance.