Maghenta is an international organisation for artists, art practitioners, programmers, scholars and art lovers who have an affinity for innovation through Indian arts. We strongly believe in the power of the arts as a remedy, with the ability to arouse positive curiosity about another culture, and to stimulate collaboration free of prejudice.
Maghenta creates visibility for
- Indian inspired performances within the cultural and artistic scene in Belgium in particular, but also on an international level
- contemporary artistic work in India
Maghenta builds an unique 'bridge of exchange' between
- contemporary and traditional arts
- art, academics and the corporate world
- multiple artists from mainly Belgium and India
Dr. Ayla Joncheere
Open Ensemble & other staff members
Maghenta strengthens the team with a versatile group of associated artists. Our in-house team provides expertise in Indian traditional dance forms, contemporary dance and dance education.
Board: Margot Neyskens (chair), Alain Platel, Chokri Ben Chikha, Paolo Favero, Irina Majumdar
General Assembly: Iris Raspoet, Lisbeth Maes
Chokri Ben Chikha
Maghenta appreciates the continuous support of its partners.
Maghenta believes in compatibility, the process of sharing and inspiring one another. This mindset leads to many friendships and collaborations, which we continiously like to expand, increase and enhance.